? ??????????????Butterfly Princess? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (2 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 750 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Emo Princess? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (21 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2424 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, May 17, 2008

This is my sweet baby girl not even 24 hour post-op. It is amazing to me how much faster children bounce back than adults do. Other than the PICC line in her arm, you would never know she had any kind of surgery. Yesterday she was fussy and tired all day but her day started at 6am this morning. No rest for Mommy. I guess she caught up on her sleep yesterday. She is holding up her arm to show everyone her PICC line.
As you can see, she doesn't want to use that arm a whole lot. She acts like it is broken and has a cast on it. She just wants everyone sympathy (which she is getting alot of).
You can see the tip of the PICC line in her arm. This PICC line is a special type of IV that can stay in the arm for a while. It goes under the skin in a vein and ends at the tip of her heart. It is a long catheter that is used for this type of IV. I was a PICC trained nurse and put these in adults for about 2 years. I know what is involved in putting in one so it made me nervous about putting one in Abby's arm. Sometimes it is not good being a nurse and knowing what all is involved. It can scare you half to death. But as you can see, she is much better today.
Please continue to pray for Abby that the surgery was a success and that the IV medicine will do the trick so my sweety can get better. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.


3 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

Yay! I got a daily dose of Beautiful Miss Abby to keep me going. I am so glad to see her and know she is doing better. Please tell her Sophia is sending her something special this weekend/week.
Hugs to you both!
Love ya!

Pineapple Princess said...

I'm so glad to see that she is happy and doing so well so fast! I love answered prayers!!!

Stacy

One Busy Momma said...

Glad to see she is up, about, and smiling!
Hope this does the trick!

Denise